Dear friends, dear interested,
I am looking to strengthen the team in my Brussels office for the work in the Committee on Economic and Monetary Affairs. I am looking forward to receiving applications! Please forward this job offer to anyone interested. The vacancy notice can be found below.
With European Green Greetings,
Sven Giegold, MEP
Financial and economic policy spokesperson of the Greens/EFA group
To support my parliamentary work as financial and economic policy spokesperson for the Greens in the European Parliament I am looking for a
Parliamentary Assistant for Economic and Monetary Affairs
- Monitoring the parliamentary work of the Greens in the Committee on Economic and Monetary Affairs (ECON) with responsibilities for Economic and Monetary Union, monetary policy, combating money laundering, European tax policy and competition policy;
- Preparation of expert information, conception, formulation and internal coordination of parliamentary initiatives, media work, strategy papers and news articles;
- Participation in professional networks and in a European team of green MEPs and their staff.
- Studies of economics, political science, law or related subjects;
- Strong motivation to drive forward the ecological and social modernisation of the European internal market;
- Very good written and oral communication skills;
- English as the main working language and business fluent in German.
It is a full-time position, initially for the duration of the 9th legislative period. Payment is at grade 9 of the salary table for assistants in the European Parliament. The place of work is Brussels.
Please send your documents together with the usual certificates – preferably in English, in one pdf-document until Sunday, October 4, 2020 to email@example.com
The interviews will probably and preferably take place on October 8th and October 14th via Skype.