Dear interested and colleagues,
Our Greens/EFA-Group in the European Parliament is looking for support for our work in the Committee on Economic and Monetary Affairs (ECON). We look forward to your applications! Please, forward this job offer to anyone interested.
With European greetings,
Sven Giegold (Green ECON coordinator)
Link to the vacancy notice: https://www.greens-efa.eu/en/article/job/policy-adviser-for-the-committee-on-economic-affairs-econ/
Policy adviser for the Committee on Economic Affairs (ECON)
Vacancy Notice – Contractual agent – FG III
This is to inform you that the Greens/EFA group in the European Parliament is looking for a full-time replacement for the position of Policy adviser to the ECON Committee (fixed-term contractual agent contract of one year, function group III).
Starting date: as soon as possible
Tasks to be performed:
- Advising the group’s MEPs in the Economic and Monetary Affairs Committee (ECON); take part in the preparation of parliamentary work;
- Preparing MEPs for Committee meetings incl. draft reports, briefings, resolutions, amendments, & voting lists; attending to committee meetings, assuring close contact to EP secretariat;
- Take part in the work of the Group concerning ECON issues; prepare dossiers for Group meetings;
- Negotiate and discuss on behalf of the Group with stakeholders and colleagues in the Parliament; co-ordination with advisors from related committees and the press service;
- Assist and inform Group Members on the work in the respective Committees;
- Liaise and negotiate with Commission and Council officials, preparation and follow-up of conciliation and Trialogue meetings (related to ECON);
- Contributing content and strategy to the Group’s campaigning and media work in relation to economic, financial and tax policies;
- Networking with NGOs in the field; cooperation with stakeholders in the field;
- Contributing to campaign material and campaigning in the field of competence, following up political priorities of the group linked to this field.
Qualifications and experience required:
- have a very good knowledge of economics, financial regulation and/or economic/financial law, knowledge of public finance and/or tax law is an asset;
- have strong knowledge of the institutional structure of the European Union and its activities as well as of the functioning of the European Parliament;
- have very good writing skills and knowledge of organisational methodology and data management;
- have an excellent standard of English and be fluent in at least one other EU language;
- have working experience in line with the function of at least 2 years, more years of experience considered an asset;
- ready to work flexible hours and joining missions.
Familiarity with political questions relevant in the ECON committees is an asset, as is knowledge about Green politics in the field.
Under article 82 (3) of the Conditions of Employment of Other Servants (CEOS) of the European Communities, candidates must:
- Be citizen of an EU Member State; unless an exception is authorised by the authority referred to article 6 (1);
- Enjoy full rights as citizen;
- Have fulfilled any obligations imposed by the laws concerning military service;
- Meet the character requirements for the duties involved.
We expect the candidate to be open minded and proactive, who likes to work in a multicultural environment, ready to work flexible hours and joining on missions.
The Greens/EFA group is an equal opportunity employer. We promote diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment. In case of equal appreciation on competence and suitability for the position, preference will be given to female applicants.
In case of interest in this position, send a motivation letter with your CV and supporting documents by e-mail only to the Greens/EFA HR department (Greens.HR@ep.europa.eu) before 6 July of business 7pm Brussels time.