Dear friends, dear interested,
Hadn’t it been for the Pandemic, the 26th and the 27th of November would have been the dates for the original ‘European Social Economy Summit’. To commemorate this, there will be a 2 days online event with over 15 different stakeholder sessions from all over Europe and beyond under the umbrella theme “Recovery strategy for Europe“, with speakers such as European Commissioner for Jobs and Social Rights Nicolas Schmit.
To help repair the economic and social damage brought by the coronavirus pandemic, the European Commission proposed a major recovery plan for Europe, leading the way out of the crisis and laying foundations for a modern and more sustainable Europe. The bulk of the proposed recovery measures will be powered by a new temporary recovery instrument Next Generation EU with financial firepower of €750 billion.
To discuss how the social economy plays a central role in Europe’s recovery to ‘build back better’, and to create a democratic, sustainable and inclusive economy, the European Parliament’s Social Economy Intergroup, Social Economy Europe and the European Social Economy Summit 2021 are co-organising an event with high-level speakers, which I was gladly asked to host. France and Spain are two member states which have made the support to the Social and Solidarity Economy official government policy. During our event you can listen to their key people responsible to implement these successful policies.
Date: Friday November 27th at 10.15 – 11.30 am
High level panel including:
- Olivia Grégoire, State Secretary in charge of Social and Solidarity Economy and responsible economy of the Government of France
- Maravillas Espín Sáez, Director General of Self-Employment, Social Economy and CSR of the Government of Spain
- Patrizia Toia, MEP (S&D, IT), Co-Chair of the Social Economy Intergroup
- Juan Antonio Pedreño, President of Social Economy Europe
- Valerio Pelirrosi, representative of Forum Nazionale Terzo Settore
With closing comments from:
- Jérôme Saddier, Vice-President of Social Economy Europe & President of ESS-France
Please join us for this exciting event and feel free to share this invitation with others.
Many thanks and European wishes,