Dear friends, dear interested,
It is now only weeks until the long-awaited release of the European Action Plan for the Social Economy by the European Commission on 8th December. One key point in the action plan will be how we as the European Union can support the Social Economy ecosystem as a whole to become a catalyst for a fair recovery after the pandemic and into a climate-neutral future. Many actors are already leading the way.
In our first-ever public hearing outside Brussels and Straßburg, as European Parliament’s Social Economy Intergroup, we would like to invite you to San Sebastian (physically as well as online) at this crucial moment to discuss the role of the social economy in the recovery effort and in strengthening Europe’s industry and strategic autonomy.
Date: Thursday, 7 October 2021, 12:00 – 14:30 hrs CEST
We are honored to hear inputs from among others:
- EU Commissioners Nicolas Schmit and Thierry Breton
- State Secretaries Olivia Grégoire (France) and Gabriel Bastos (Portugal),
- DG Grow Director General Kerstin Jorna;
- Maravillas Espin, Spanish Government DG for Social Economy;
- Juan Antonio Pedreño, President of Social Economy Europe;
- Idoia Mendia, Vice-President of the Basque Government;
- Mikel Irujo, Council of the Regions’ Rapporteur on the Social Economy Action Plan;
- Iñigo Ucin, CEO of Mondragon Corporation;
- Francesca Motalti, European confederation of industrial and service cooperatives, CECOP;
- Alain Coheur, European Economic and Social Committee/SEE;
- Ancuta Vamesu, President of RISE Romania and ENSIE representative.
The full agenda and information how to join in San Sebastian/Donostia or online can be found here: https://tinyurl.com/social-economy-industry
The event is co-organised by the Social Economy Intergroup in cooperation with Social Economy Europe, the Basque High Cooperative Council (CSCE-EKGK), and Konfekoop (Confederation of Basque Co-ops).
I am looking forward to contributing to this event and would like to invite you all to join us. Please also share the invitation with others who might be interested.
With European greetings,