die Fraktion GRÜNE/EFA im Europäischen Parlament wird in den nächsten zwei Jahren ihre Öffentlichkeitsarbeit auf sechs Schwerpunkt konzentrieren. Ich habe mich dafür eingesetzt, dass die Europäische Politik gegen Steuerdumping einer dieser Schwerpunkte geworden ist. Zu Beginn legen wir dabei einen besonderen Fokus auf den bereits in Reaktion auf den LuxLeaks-Skandal eingerichteten Sonderausschuss zu Steuervermeidung.
Jetzt suchen wir einen Mitarbeiter oder eine Mitarbeiterin für diesen Schwerpunkt. Wir freuen uns auf Bewerbungen und die Verbreitung dieser Stellenausschreibung!
Der Posten ist eine auf zwei Jahre (bis April 2017) begrenzte Stelle im Europäischen Parlament. Eine Verlängerung des Vertrags ist möglich.
In der Ausschreibung findet Ihr/finden Sie weitere Informationen zu der Stelle sowie die Adresse, an die die Bewerbungen bis spötestens zum 8. Mai gesendet werden sollen.
The Greens/Efa group in the European Parliament is looking for a
Policy adviser for its Tax Justice Priority
The post is a fixed- term contract for 2 years (until April 2017) as a contractual agent of the EP (GF III). A prolongation of the contract is possible.
The group has decided to establish six policy priorities for at least two years, one of which is the „Tax Justice“ priority. This priority targets corporate tax avoidance practices, tax avoidance and evasion by rich individuals as well as tax dumping by member states. With this priority the group aims at increasing pressure inside and outside the institution to abolish such practices.
The initial phase will have a special focus on the work in the recently established special committee on Tax Rulings and other similar fiscal measures, which was set up in response to the „LuxLeaks“ scandal.
Tasks to be performed
- Follow up of policies and activities related to taxation, in particular corporate tax avoidance and evasion practices, as well as Member States‘ role in it. Coordinate the priority in the Greens/EFA group (organisation of coordination meetings, implementing the annual campaign budget, basic follow-up of the relevant EP committees ).
- Take initiatives, develop, propose and implement campaign strategies in cooperation with Greens/EFA MEPs, the Secretary Generals, the head of communication and related advisers, assure close cooperation with the ECON advisers
- Keep a legislative watch on related initiatives at EU level, and, where possible, at member-state level (in particular in liaison with national parliaments). Suggest initiatives to anchor proposals promoting tax justice within the EU political agenda.
- Ensure networking with the opinion-leaders, academics, NGOs, civil society and grass-roots movements that share our objectives; Improving outreach and visibility and better connecting our parliamentary policy-making with the outer world politics and national parliaments.
- External communication – online communications (support the communication team for web-based activities, social networks); monitoring news updates (web articles, newsletter) and writing short communication papers on the basis of policy papers
- Internal communication – assisting in the preparation of internal briefings and press work ; maintaining a network of contacts on xxx activities in Europe;
- Ensure liaison within the extended Green family, which includes the European Green Party, the Green European Foundation, national Green parties and foundations in order to foster smooth mutual information flows as well as coherence and consistency of contents and communication; Scout for, build and maintain a network of experts and opinion-leaders which can be called upon by the Greens on issues relevant for fair taxation.
- Event management – coordination of the preparation of public meetings, assisting in working out, planning and organizing events (conferences and workshops) aimed at supporting the priorities of the campaign;
- Communication/media actions – assisting the head of communication in devising and implementing actions (media actions or online communications tools) .
- Experience in liaising with NGOs, national parliaments, civil society in the field of economic policy issues, in particular corporate taxation, competition
- Ability to link EU policies with campaign objectives and opportunities
- Very good knowledge of the functioning of the EU and familiarity with the role of the European Parliament
- Very good knowledge of the Group to be operational to work quickly in this context and good knowledge of the extended green family is an asset
- Relevant professional and/or education background in the field of economics / economic policy / tax policy or tax law
- Ability to liaise with policy experts to simplify complex messages into easily communicated ones.
- Experience in coordinating events: conferences, workshops, ad hoc actions
- Experience in communication work: newsletter, blogs, website content, social networks
- Experience in campaigning on similar issues is an asset
- Ability to manage the work efficiently in this context and be a good team player
- A very good command of English and knowledge of at least one other EU language;
- Very good communication, organisational and social skills
In case of equal appreciation on competence and suitability for the position, preference will be given to female applicants.
In case of interest in this position, send a motivation letter with your CV supporting documents by e-mail only to the Deputy Secretary General of the Group (firstname.lastname@example.org) with copy to Greens/EFA HR department (Greens.HR@ep.europa.eu) before 8 May 2015 end of business. Successful candidates are expected to take up the new duties briefly.