Finance Watch sucht eineN neueN GeneralsekretärIn. Bitte keine Rückfragen an mich – ich leite die Ausschreibung nur weiter.
Finance Watch, the Brussels-based public interest advocacy association dedicated to making finance serve society, is looking for a Secretary General (download as pdf).
Reporting to the Board of Directors and where relevant to the General Assembly of Members, this senior position will involve:
- Preparing and implementing Finance Watch’s strategy on policy and funding issues
- Supervising the preparation and implementation of work programmes, in cooperation with the Finance Watch’s membership,
- Leading and managing a team of 10+ staff,
- Contacts with donors to build and safeguard the financial sustainability of Finance Watch
- Raising the visibility, effectiveness and success of civil society in making finance serve society, by lobbying EU and national policy makers, regulatory and supervisory bodies in the financial sector, and contacts with other interest representatives
- Communicating Finance Watch’s views and positions to a wider audience, including through the media
The main qualifications we are looking for are:
- Extensive professional experience (10+ years) in the financial sector (e.g. financial industry, financialsupervision/regulation, NGO active in financial matters) including at a senior level
- Strong personal commitment to the mission of Finance Watch and its independence
- Proven ability to understand the role of financial services and their regulation on the functioning of market economies
- Proven interest and experience in understanding, appreciating and articulating civil society interests, preferably in the area of EU financial policy
- Good practical knowledge and experience of EU institutions, international and national financial authorities, as well as civil society networks
- Ability to work in an international environment and with a diverse European membership base
- Excellent communication and advocacy skills
- Management and leadership experience
- Fluent English and another European language is required, knowledge of German would be an advantage
- A good established network in at least one major EU member state, including among potential funders.
- a multidisciplinary and multicultural working environment within an organisation dedicated to making finance serve society;
- a highly motivated and highly qualified team of analysts, advocacy and communication specialists and operational staff;
- networking opportunities with numerous organisations in the 28 Member States and beyond;
- an initial 5 year contract with a competitive package (salary, fringe benefits and extra legal paid leave).
Applications for the position, accompanied by a detailed CV, should be sent before9 June 2014 at 12.00 noon by e-mail to email@example.com, with subject line: Secretary General. All applications will be treated in strictest confidence. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.