Job vacancy in the Greens/EFA group in the European Parliament
Full time position – Fixed term contract as
Assistant to the Economic and Monetary Affairs Committee
The Greens/EFA group in the European Parliament is looking for a reinforcement of its ECON team. The contract is a fixed term contract until the end of the legislature (July 2014, (contractual agent, function group III). The candidate should be available from 1 October 2012 on.
The Economic and Monetary Affairs Committee (ECON) is responsible for financial services legislation, macroeconomic policy, tax policy, and competition policy.
Tasks to be performed:
- working on the legislative dossiers of the committee in cooperation with ECON advisers of the group in particular in the field of financial services
- Following the dossiers related to financial services, company- and commercial law in the Legal Affairs Committee and supporting advisers from other committees in their work on ECON-related dossiers
- Preparing discussion on reports and amendments on committee and group level; communicating strategies and results to the group and interested stakeholders
- Establishing working relations to the European institutions and relevant international institutions.
- Networking and coordination with the relevant NGOs on EU andMemberStatelevel as well as with Greens in national and regional parliaments
We are looking for a colleague with relevant professional experience and background in financial services, its market infrastructure and preferably a legal background on company- and commercial law who shares our view that Europe needs to draw strong lessons from the financial crisis. She/he will be working in an English, French and German speaking team and shall have a excellent command of English and a good knowledge of either French or German; other languages are an asset.
We expect our new colleague being an excellent team player who is stress resistant and likes to work in a multicultural environment. Experience in the European institutions would be an asset.
In case of equal appreciation on competence and suitability to the position, preference will be given to female applicants.
We would particularly welcome applications from minority groups and people with disabilities.
Please send your application, which must include a cover letter, a CV, and a scan of your diploma, by email only at the latest by:
Friday, 24 August 2012
The successful candidate will be selected on qualification and relevant experience. Please note that interviews will be organised with the selected candidates at the beginning of September; these interviews could possibly take the form of phone interviews.
Please note that no response will be given before the end of August.
Please send your application by electronical mail with “Vacancy: ECON assistant” in the subject line and with detailed curriculum vitae to:
Joachim DENKINGER, Deputy Secretary General
Greens/EFA Group in the European Parliament,
Office PHS 2 C 03,
B – 1047 Brussels
+32 2 283 21 40
e-mail : email@example.com AND Greens.HR@europarl.europa.eu